Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wish List for Bulls draft

At 16 and 26 the Bulls aren't going to get anyone who will significantly affect their chances for next year. Staying put won't sigificantly affect their chances next year. More importantly it will bore me. Saying that, here's my wish list:

1. Trade picks +players for Brandan Wright. The Warriors have a history of drafting really good players and trading them so they can excel for other teams. Wright on a per minute basis is really really good. He plays a position of need, and for whatever reason, can't get minutes for the Warriors. I would offer both picks and Kirk for Wright and cap filler. The Bulls would likely have to take back at least Turiaf and/or Maggette.

2. Pull a miracle trade for Bosh. You know, I know, they know Bosh is leaving Toronto. I'm not saying the Bulls have the talent to equal what they'd get back from Toronto in a Bosh trade. But they could offer Tyrus, two picks and a bunch of cap space next year.

3. Trade the picks for a useful rotation player. I'm tired of rookies. Gimme someone who can shoot 3s and play D, or get a board or two.

4. Barring the above, and we have to take a player at 16, here is my philosophy. If there's a player who has a legit shot at being more than a role player - TAKE HIM. Ignore position, ignore everything. Take him. In my mind the players who have some reasonable chance of being there at 16 who fit this bill are Ty Lawson and Brandon Jennings. Neither really fits a dire need, but both at least have a chance at being very productive.

Outside of those two players, I want someone who can at least do one or two things at an NBA level. I'm not big into projects. So by all means stay away from Mullens. I'd be fine with Gerald Henderson who can play D. I'd be ok with Budinger (even though it'd be a little high) because he can at least shoot. I'm ok with Blair because if you rebound in college you probably can rebound in the NBA. None of these guys is going to be a difference maker.

Wake me when it's over.


Enhanced by Zemanta